Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another.~ Erma Bombeck
Get Involved at the Eau Claire Overnight Warming Center
The Eau Claire Warming Center provides a safe and warm place to be during the cold, winter months for up to 20 people who are experiencing homelessness in Eau Claire. This endeavor would not be possible without the help of generous volunteers who offer their time to staff the center from 8pm to 8am in two six hour shifts, and in groups of two.
If you feel you would be able to offer one or two nights a year to help the Warming Center keeps its doors open, please fill out the volunteer application below and someone will reach out to you. You can also read more about The Warming Center on our FAQ's page.
Thank you for considering to offer your time to help the homeless community in Eau Claire!
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
- Must be responsible, compassionate, and friendly.
- Understanding that the warming shelter is not a place of judgment - no questions should be asked about drug or alcohol habits. Treatment resources are only discussed with those participants who ask for help and resources.
- Willing to go through volunteer training and orientation.
- Willing to work and stay alert for an entire shift a minimum of one night per winter.
- Able to work with people of many backgrounds and beliefs.